Thank you, Ariana next pls. No kidding I am hooked to this track lately and I thought it made perfect sense for this style piece. For all your fashion lovers, you probably know that plaid or tartan isn’t a new trend. It’s been around for centuries. The first people to use tartan or plaid in their outfits were the Scottish people. Great thanks to them, it’s the most trendy fashion print I’ve read/seen/heard over the last year.
Read below to learn more about this trend.
I consider myself an early adopter whether it comes to fashion/tech or anything in the know. I feel I am a little late in this case, that said I wanted to share below style tips with you fashionista’s in Vancouver/Toronto/Montreal/Quebec or anywhere else in Canada.
You’d want to read this: Everyday fashion, Instagram looks right out of the runway + OOTD
- Keep them preppy with cool sneakers. I got mine from Reebok Canada and I love them so much. These kicks are a true classic, the versatility of these shoes make it super easy to transition from season to season or between occasions.
- Infuse some color into your regular plaid pants. I adore the vertical mustard stripes in this Zara trouser. It’s a total standout and you are able to style this look or be innovative and come up with your very own fun #ootd. Either way, you’re gonna rock this look!
- Accessorize the things you love. Personally, I love embellishments so much, I popped some color into this outfit and cute metallic tones into this look. A little Moschino won’t hurt nobody, the shimmering gold belt adds charisma to this look, you can replicate this look easily. My tip would be to wear it on top of your shirt/sweater.
- Adding a bomber tail jacket like me or a denim jacket is very much possible. A little extra does help this fall/winter. My bomber is from the HM X Moschino collab, in fact, I was so in love with the collection I got tons of brilliant pieces from that line. To be honest, you can add a leather jacket to complete this look too. My fashion rules are super simple here, you either contrast the outfits or match the colors and it clearly works here.
- Match your top with the plaid pants you pick. It’s really important for this fashion trend to either opt for a bright or light cozy color sweater or top if your plaid is in the same print like me if you have something darker than the ones I am wearing you can opt for dark colors or go all white too. The colors in this outfit are meant to enhance your look, make the right selection to stand out.
To keep things simple and chic, make sure to add your personal style quotient. It makes all that difference, believe me, it does so much.
Leave your comments below or find me on Instagram.com/Jonathanho1 and drop a line on this look. You know I love to hear from you guys.
Sponsored style partner: Reebok Canada
Outfits all belong to Jonathan from Waiching’s Wall
The images belong to WaichingsWall.com in collaboration with Koby Photography.